Monday, February 28, 2011

if i could eat one meal before i died...


it would be this. i know you're confused because i said my favorite recipe "ever" was the chicken lasagne. but this, my friends, is my favorite thing to eat ever. i'm actually embarrassed to admit that as this is a down right cream of- casserole, and by no means is it healthy. my mom always made this. in fact, she would always bring a casserole dish of this to my apartment in college. well, it was my sister's birthday yesterday and i asked her what she wanted me to make... crunchy bake it was.
this recipe reminds me of ken, who always raided our fridge in the wee hours of the night in our college day. there is one foggy memory that my old roommates remind me of time and time again. unbenounced to me, ken ate all of my leftover crunchy bake one night. apparently i was pretty upset about it. rightfully so.

crunchy bake casserole

1 15 oz. can chopped tomatoes
2 c uncooked macaroni
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
1 lb ground beef
1 small can durkees french fried onions

1. preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. cook noodles. brown ground beef.
3. add all ingredients to a casserole dish except for french fried onions.
4. bake covered for 25 minutes. add french fried onions on top and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
5. eat all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment