always, always looking for ways to sneak veggies in my recipes. i thought zucchini would go well with turkey. and yes, my friends, it did. pair with some sweet potato fries and you have something spectacular. the addition of three tablespoons of olive oil may sound strange, but it really moistens the turkey. i promise it is worth it.
so here i thought i had something innovative, until i saw a similar recipe floating around pinterest by a very popular blogger. ugh. i'm going to pretend i didn't see it. don't make hers. make mine.
chipotle zucchini turkey burger
1 1/2 lb ground turkey
1 tsp chipotle tobasco
1 tbl worcestershire
3 tbl olive oil
salt & pepper
1. chop zucchini into larger chunks and throw into a food processor. pulse a few times until finely chopped.
2. add ground turkey, zucchini, tobasco, worcestershire, olive oil and
salt & pepper into a bowl. combine ingredients using your hands and
form into four patties.
3. freeze patties for 20 minutes allowing burger to firm up a bit.
4. grill for 7-10 minutes on each side on medium heat.
5. serve on a toasted, crusty bun.