i'm convinced everybody has leftover turkey because they'd rather eat the sides too. shake up your traditional chicken pot pie with some leftover turkey and puff pastry dough.
turkey mini pot pies
2 cups cooked turkey, diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
2 celery stalks, diced
1 onion, diced
1/2 c frozen peas
1 sheet puff pastry dough, thawed (i use pepperidge farm from the freezer section)
3 tbl butter
1/3 c flour
2 c chicken broth
1 c milk
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tbl butter, melted
1. melt butter in a stock pot. add carrots, onion and celery. cook on medium-low until soft (about 12 minutes). add frozen peas and cook for another couple minutes.
2. add flour to vegetables and cook for two minutes stirring to coat. Add chicken broth and milk to vegetables and bring to a boil. turn heat down to low and simmer for 5 minutes allowing liquid to thicken. add turkey.
3. cut 4 circles out of puff pastry dough using a cookie cutter or the top of a cup. (circle size needs to be larger than the ramekins).
4. ladle turkey mixture into 4 ramekins. lay puff pastry dough over the top. cut slits in dough, brush with melted butter and sprinkle with kosher salt.
5. bake pot pies at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until pastry dough is golden brown.